El Campo 4

Hola !

I´VE BEEN HERE FOR A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO and I´m kind of figuring it out...ish.
Mantra of the Week: ¡MAS AGUA, MENOS PAN!  (more water, less bread!)


One of my faves, Hermana Gonzalez
This week started of good, with divisions with Hermana Gonzalez, in La Valle (more city vibe). Yeah...Barrio Jardín is better, but it was awesome to have a mini vacation and work in a different area for a day.


Nothing too exciting besides a lady who thought we were Jehovah´s witnesses and wanted me to come live with her because she´s lonely. pass.
In La Valle there are two sets of Hermanas so we had a mini fiesta consisting of eggs, rice, bread, and fruit smoothies. So it was basically the best thing ever. Also, I´m still not sure how they have a blender. None of the other Argentina have blenders; super jealous.
Apparently I´m really getting the hang of this contacting thing, because when I woke up the next morning Hna. Gonzalez told me in the middle of the night I was clapping in my sleep and introducing myself. haha whoops.


It was hard to go back to Barrio Jardin only because Hna. G and I are soooooo similar and we have the same personality and energy in lessons, but I know that Barrio Jardin is my area, and that I am here for the people.  Ankle exercises are a daily practice, because I roll my ankle at least once a day. At least after years of gymnastics I just pop right back up haha.  So here the custom when greeting someone, whether it´s a stranger or someone you know is to give besos (kisses) on each cheek. It was weird at first but its their custom, so now I´m used to it with all the ladies here. But I don´t think I´ll ever get used to having to quickly stick my arm out and dodge a guy leaning in to my face. No no, I need to shake your hand. Everyone is just so darn friendly.
I currently have 25 mosquito bites (which isn´t too bad) but 4 of them are on my butt! How rude, I feel so violated, and itchy.
Tomorrow I will be singing in zone meeting, with Elder Thornton (who is a Mozart on the piano) accompanying me. Only problem is is that I still don´t know what song I´m supposed to sing, and it´s tomorrow, and I can´t read notes. So....that should be interesting...
Friday was the 1 of May, and the Dia de Trabajador (Day of Work), where ironically, no one goes to work, or school! Instead everyone parties.  Therefore, I embraced my inner Argentine on Friday and ate LOCRO. Locro = everyone´s leftovers from the past week all thrown together into a giant stew. Now, I mean all leftovers...which means...COW INTESTINE. And I´m here to report that cow intestine tastes just as good as you think it would taste...
These puppies...make me miss my Georgie ;)
Two awesome ladies of the ward:  Hermana Correa - president of the Relief Society.  She has a son in Chile, and he is an only child, so she totally understands the relationship that I have with Mom, and provided me with an abundance of comfort food on Saturday. We were at her house for lunch on Saturday, and we were explaining what a blog was, so she had me pull mine up on the computer. She was looking at it for a while and then said, "I can´t understand any of this" Right...that would be because its in English haha    There's also Hermana Manchuk is 87 and is so awesome! She was baptized in her sixties and has a crazy strong testimony of the gospel. She has a bad leg and has to use crutches to get around, but she crutches to church every week, for a mile!!

New Investigators!
While looking for one of our references, we encountered Pierre and Gustavo. The first night we met Pierre I couldn´t understand him at all because he was speaking French. Good. Of, course later after we left,  Hermana Tapia told me that he was speaking Spanish, he just had a super thick French accent. Oh very good. It´s hard enough trying to understand normal Spanish...Any who, Gustavo is Pierre´s adoptive father, and they live with Gustavo´s wife and their son Emanuel, and they are all super spiritual and want to take the lessons! YAY!!! Pierre is 24, but, has more energy than a 12 year old boy, so he is rather distracting during the lessons. One minute we´ll be talking about the Atonement and the next minute he wants to know who my favorite American actor is, or what´s America like, how do I have such straight teeth (S/O to Jeff Sumsion!!!!) BUT, we got to teach him how to pray, which was literally the coolest thing ever! What a special experience listening to someone talk to Heavenly Father for the first time!!!
We had a crazy storm Saturday night and the power went out a bunch of places. It wasn´t too bad
except when we woke up Sunday morning it was still raining which means...no one was going to come to Church :( Yeah...we had about 20 people versus the normal 170 so that was really sad.
Well...that´s about all I have for this week!
Oh wait just kidding, I finally found a place to send letters!!! So I sent 3 and it cost about $10 dollars!!!! Entonces, they better get there or I´m going to be real unhappy. Also, anyone that receives a letter from me better treat it like buried treasure.
Okay, that is all!

te amo,
ChChau
Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment