Barrio Jardin 17


Aright just a few things about home...I´m recovering, but still so incredibly jealous about the Disney Cruise to the Caribbean and going to Harry Potter World; thank you for enjoying two of my most favorite things WITHOUT ME! Yes, I´m fine, only a little bitter tehehe

Congrats to the future Hermanas STARLEY and WAGNER on their mission calls down here in El Sur! Uruguay and Perù will be so blessed to have you lovely ladies

Okay okay so last P-day was PUURRRFECTT! I´m sure I´ve said this before, but last week was awesome because we got all of our stuff done super fast, came home, got permission to wear NORMAL CLOTHES and went and messed around at the park by our pension! It was so great and the first really nice day we´ve had all transfer.

 
P-Day at the park
Wednesday I got to leave Posadas for the first time!!!! Hna Simmons and I had divisiones in ITUZAINGÒ for the day which was super fun! Its a little beach town about an hour from here and sooooooo pretty. the entire place is in sand though, so i'm still cleaning that out of my clothes haha but it was so much fun! I was with Hna Hartley all day, and she looks sooooo much like...miss Kyleigh Greenlief!!!!! so that was super funny. But yeah I got to meet some of their awesome investigators and it was relly cool to see the gospel really flourishing in other parts of our mission.


OH MY GOSH I have found the WORLDS BEST ALFAHOR!!!!! yes. yes. yes. I have come to the personal decision that it is in fact the Milka, Torta, Oreo Alfahor that has won my heart. They dont exist in America obvisouly, but dont worry I´ll probably come home with a case of them haha

Worlds best Alfahor !! :-)
My Bible reading in the Old Testament is still going strong, finally almost finished with Genesis! But earlier this week I was reading about Joseph!!! (which was awesome because we´re obsessed with the soundtrack) And I was reading about Potiphar´s wife being her usual floozy self and decided to do a study on Gen 39:9 and temptation, which actually turned out super good...

So from Gen 39:9 I went to Proverbs 14:6 which talks about how the wise man avoids temptation and the foolish man is confident that he can resist the sin...in which case more times than not he will succumb to the powers of the adversary because Satan is just a really sneaky guy. Then Hna Simmons coincidentally was studying temptation too and we read the Alma 50-53 war chapters. Entonces...this is how you deal with temptation:
  1. Avoid - we know how weaknesses, don't be the foolish man...
  2. Prepare - we can keep ourselves mentally, physically, SPIRITUALLY prepared
  3. Resist - sometimes you cant avoid or prepare and temptation is just going to come flying at you and all you can do is pray for extra strength
  4. ATTACKKKK - I love D&C 10:5 for this part "pray always that you may come off the conqueror"
Heavenly Father needs to test us BUT he wants us to succeed so we can ask for his help, he wants us to ask for his help, his strength so that we might win the battle. James 1:12 say how we will be blessed for resisting temptation. Yes, we will be blessed for being obedient and keeping the commandments BUT I feel like its when the stakes are high, when the temptation is strong, and we STILL come off conquering is when we are truly blessed for our enduring faithfullness.

But yeah I love me time for personal study, honestly the work is so hard and boring and somewhat depressing BUT personal study really does give me the spiritual fuel I need to get me through the week, and there is ALWAYS so much to learn and every moment is truly perfecting our faith! YAY I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES! :)

Lets seee....nothing too special actually happened in this week. it was really rather a hard week, and basically I´m just very very grateful that I have such an amazing and supportive President and Zone Leaders. Seriously these worthy preisthood holders are my rock! and the Savior of course

The days are nearing for the death of Hna. Simmons, so we all know what that means...TRUNKY TALK!!!!! yeah...lots of that...he he he :/ but its fine because I still love her and I love being a missionary!!!!

Speaking of dying missionaries...guess who is in IGUAZU, without me!!!!! Yes yes it happened again. I was again not invited to the party. But its actually okay because eventually I will get to go...hopefully...haha 3rd times the charm???

So yeah Im on divisions again for the next two days while Hna is at Iguazu and consejo and I have Hna Rigtrup and Woodwell staying with me in Jardìn. And they´re both newbies!!!! So I get to pretend to be a Mom for two whole days! :) I just keep telling myself that maybe its because I need to practice for this upcoming cambio? ¿Quizas? ¿Por Favor? he he really though I have some big dreams for this next transfer, but I wont share them because then they wont come true. Also, whatever happens happens and I´ll be fine with whatever.

love love love you all im so very out of time! till next week!

chauchau

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment