Semana 12

Today we mourn the death of my companion, Hna. Tapia, and 20 other honorable missionaries. We thank them for their services as they depart this life and cross over into the next!!!!! Crazy!!!! But yeah, all packed and ready to go, I cant believe the day is here. Really though, I have no doubt in my mind that Hna. Tapia was exactly who I needed as my entrenadora. Through the good and the bad times, oh my goodness I have learned so much, and I´m grateful for EVERY MOMENT! yes, every moment.

Okay okay okay soooooooooo IM DONE WITH TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and I´m staying in JARDÌN WOOHOO and my Zone Leaders are staying!!!!!!!!!! and I heard my new comp, Hna. Simmons, IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah. So who wants to hear about my crazy week??? So much happened I don't even know where to start.

Oh right. So I don't actually want to come home, and when ever I´ve said in the past that I 

 want to come home I don't actually mean it, I just mean that its hard. So thank you Dad, but you don't need to buy me my plane ticket from Buenos Aires...yet :) hehe just kidding there's NO WAY I´m coming home.

So this past week we focused on the Christ-like attribute of "La Caridad" or Charity and had voiced to Hna. about my past issues that I have with sharing things, especially when it comes to food. Anyways so I´ve been praying really hard to be filled with the pure love of Christ, and for opportunities to practice charity. Then we go to zone meeting and the office elders had A PACKAGE FOR ME!!!!! It was from Dad and I was so excited I ripped it open and the first thing I found? DRIED MANGO!!!! I started jumping up and down and naturally all heads turned and I am pretty sure a few mouths started to water. And then all of a sudden I was sharing and then all of a sudden they were all gone and I had only had one. I left the happy little crowd to dispose of the waste and cried a little inside at the loss of my precious American treasure, but OH it was SO WORTH it to see the expression on everyone's faces, so it was good.
Once content I proceeded to rummage through my box again, and what do I find? ANOTHER BAG OF MANGOS! LA CARIDAD! This might have been kind of a dumb story, but Mom, aren't you proud of me? Sharing my food? Growing up??

Let´s see...I finally read "The Fourth Missionary". I had heard from multiple people that this talk was amazing and well...they were correct. Is it possible for a talk to change your life? Well, I think it is. I wont go into detail because there are too many good things about it, but just know that ALL MISSIONARIES NEED TO READ THIS TALK AND DO WHAT IT SAYS! Yes, that is all.

This week was really plentiful as far as receiving mail goes, so that was happy! FINALLY got your letter Mom! And it was awesome! And I received it, it looks like, in under a month so that´s not too bad!  Dad your letters were fantastic! I greatly enjoyed the articles about the benefits of cold showers, at least they´re good for me right? And the article about Taylor Swift!!!! Ahhh my hero!!! It was awesome, but kind of made me super bummed about missing the concert in September, but that's okay. I love how she said how this has been her "favorite year" so far. 22 days till mi cumpleaños annnddddd kinda freaking out about turning 20, so knowing that Taylor Swift is still loving life at 24? provided some comfort haha. ALSO, I found out the my favorite old lady of the ward, Hna. Innocencia, and I have  the SAME BIRTHDAY!!!! So we will be celebrating with cake later this month! :)

Me and Hermana Innocencia - birthday buddies

Ahhhhh Im running out of time so here are some other awesome and not awesome things:
finally had Noche de Hogar with obispo, and it was super awesome, because all six of us Jardìn missionaries were there and we got to spend time with their family and I think our relationship with them will be much stronger!!! It was really funny though because we all didn't get home till 10:30, but we were with the bishop and our leaders soooo...yeah

Friday I started feeling SOOOO SICKKKK but we called the Nurse and she told us to keep working, so yeah, but then then lady that owns our pension was a nurse and she took a look at my throat. STREP! Entonces...antibiotics and contagious for 24 hours we couldn't leave the pension. I memorized a lot of scriptures.
We had 2 investigators at church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the meetings were perfect because E. Thornton, Hna. Tapia, and Presidente LaPierre all spoke so it was AWESOME AND SO SPIRITUAL. bad part: they live superrrrrr far away and we had to walk super slow because Maria was carrying her baby and we had to walk with little Juan Gabriel. We were 20 minutes late and missed the Santa Cena!!!!!!!! SO BADDDDD.

Ehmmmm i know that there was more I wanted to say, but I cant remember and theres no time. So basically, all is well, i'm staying in Jardìn, God is good and is blessing us with trials and miracles and it is truly a privilege to be here! I love you all thank you for your love and your letters! Have a good week!

Te querio!!! CHAUUUU :)
Hermana Cannon'


No comments:

Post a Comment