Barrio Jardin 15 Happy birthday to Me Week !


20 July 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK TO MEEEEEE!!!!
Birthday Mail  :-)
Yeah okay, so I have less than 24 hours until I´m no longer a teenager and I start the glorious adventure that is my 20s´ahhhhhhhhh freaking outttttttt. But yeah, something that´s super cool about my birthday is that it really does fall on our birth week. Allow me to explain...
  • my 20th year starts TOMORROW
  • my 6th month starts on Sabado
  • and Hermana Simmons'  16th month starts on Domingo...

So basically its going to be an awesome week, and we are really quite excited !

Okay so let´s back up to the conclusion of last weeks Pday...we get home, chill, do nothing, it was awesome. With 15 minutes left it begins to rain...hard. and then harder and harder and then the thunder comes and then HOLY SMOKES LIGHTENING STORM!!!!!! Yeah, so the lightening was going about every 1.5 seconds and we were super scared to leave the pension. but we were struggling between the decision of risking our lives and wimping out and calling the zone leaders to see if we could wait it out...yeah we chickened out, called them, and turns out they were hiding in their pension too! haha so yeah we waited out the storm, and then ended up waiting the whole night...we guiltily had SO MUCH FUN listening to music, making food, and lots of story-telling. Lots of really good companionship unity haha!

Wednesday we had divisions and Hna. Fox (newbie) came to Jardìn for the day! She is so awesome and we had so much fun, and I got to try my hand at being senior companion. Yeah, when you have a companion that has 3 weeks in the mission instead of 15 months in the mission, you speak a lot more Spanish...haha it was good and for the most part I think everyone understood what I was saying.

Friday we had THE WORST LUNCH EVER! Really though, I have been so incredibly blessed in this ward, we eat really good food usually. But oh my goodness it was so gross...the rice, bean, liver concoction not only smelled unpleasant but it looked like the classic cartoon cafeteria scene, where the grumpy lunch lady plops a large helping of brown goo on your plate...yeah, not good. After, we went to the pananderia and bought our stomachs some pity food.

Hna. confessed that she is actually SUPER trunky but has been trying to protect me. I just kind of laughed it off, but then she kind of exploded and we got super trunky...we talked A LOT about BYU and classes, being social, dating, etc. and after it was all over I felt very very grateful that I don't have to worry about any of that for a really long time...

So everyday I´ve been reading a chapter in the Bible, because I have never really read it right? Yeah, its kind of really weird and I don't really understand how people have problems with the Book of Mormon, but whatever. Anyways, I was reading in Genesis 24 where the servant of Abraham goes off to find a wife for Isaac. He goes to the well, prays that whoever gives him and his camels water will be the girl! And then walks out Rebekah!! So basically we have a code now for how to determine if "he´s the one": with the CAMEL DRINKING SIGN!!!! Don't worry this is all hypothetical of course, because we dont think about boys during the mission :)

Lastly, some crazy things to share from the Sabbath. We left before church to go look for one of our Menos Activos, Marina. We get to her house and she comes to the door, butttttt her sister had left earlier that morning with the keys to the gate meaning...SHE WAS LOCKED IN HER OWN HOUSE! :( It was really sad because she was all dressed and ready to go. Now its just kind of hilarious, because only in Argentina would you ever have that problem...

Get to church, Valeria didn't come. NOOOOOO seriously we were super bummed because she totally loved it last week and she had been saying how excited she was to come again, and everyone was asking where she was. So yeah, that was disappointing. After sacrament meeting we gracefully sprint to the bathroom, because Hna. Simmons was about to have an accident, and when we come out we are greeted by Claudio.

Quick backstory about Claudio: 2 weeks ago we were out contacting, when we see this guy sitting on the swings. He doesn't say anything but just stares at us as we walk by. I turn to Hna and tell her that the guy totally wants a tarjeta, she just rolls her eyes and mumbles, "Snake".

Snake= just about every guy in Argentina that cat calls us, and is only interested in saying inappropriate things to us. Blehhhh

Anyways, then the guy starts to follow us and I look back and say, "okay that guy is either a super snake orrrr he really wants a tarjeta" so we go back give him a card, leave, nothing special. BUT OH WAIT....then he came to church??? All by himself, and stayed the whole time, and is already making friends, and sometimes Heavenly Father is really nice and blesses us with miracles that we have nothing to do with!!!! it was so awesome!

I wore one of my kinda bigger necklaces for the first time, and everyone told me I looked really pretty, which was so nice of them, but that I should probably take my necklace off because I was going to get robbed. oh bueno.


Snickers !!
We commenced the beginning of our birth week festivities with a delicious banana pancake brunch. I even broke out the peanut butter.

ohhhhh quick note. so the toilet paper really sucks out here. Its like thinner than tissue paper. Yes, normally this is rather unnoteworthy BUT last week we accidentally bought paper towels instead and you know what? 100% better and the same price.

haha welp thats about it for this week!!!! thank you for all of the emails, and for everyone thats been keeping me in the loop! S/O to Elì, who has been keeping me updated on all the summer wedding action. Thank you for all the pictures WHY ARE MY FRIENDS SO GORGEOUS???? So so blessed. And then you for the letters, snail mail is always such a gift :)

love love love you all have a great week!

Chauuuu
Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment